According to Hypable, when the panel was asked if the show would see another season, Hurwitz replied by simply saying, “Definitely.” As far as the negotiations for the show’s future, Netflix said they wanted the show “in any form.” This could mean that the critically acclaimed show may not just grace computer screens, but possibly movie screens.
Arrested Development takes the viewers to Orange County to follow the lives of the extremely dysfunctional Bluth Family and their hilarious adventures. The show first aired in 2003. After only three seasons, FOX cancelled Arrested Development. even though the show was gaining positive attention from the critics. It just wasn’t getting enough viewers (and therefore not making the network enough money).
Shortly after the show was cancelled, there had been rumors that the network might bring the show back or produce an Arrested Development movie to assuage to angry loyal fanbase. Just when fans had almost lost hope of ever seeing their beloved Bluths again, the show was been picked up by Netflix for the 14 episode Season that is currently available for instant streaming.
Now that we know Hurwitz says there will definitely be more Arrested Development in some form,the question is, what will that form be? It may be awhile before we get an answer to that question, but fans can sleep easier knowing they’ll get more of the Bluth Family one way or another.
- VIDEO: An Inside Look at Netflix’s New Original Series ‘Orange in the New Black’
- There’s always money in the banana stand: The triumphant return of ‘Arrested Development’!
- VIDEO: The Cast of ‘Arrested Development’ Talk the New Season on the Orange Carpet!
I’m a video game playing, lapel pin collecting, rubber duck hoarding, cat-obsessed twenty-something that dances to the music in her head regardless of who is watching.
Check out more from Chelsie Skroback on TDQ…
Latest posts by The Daily Quirk (see all)
- What We’ve Been Watching: August 2015 - August 26, 2015
- What We’ve Been Listening To: August 2015 - August 22, 2015
- Quirky Item of the Week: Feetures! High Performance Socks - August 21, 2015