Let me start by saying that “Blank Space” is one, if not my favorite song from Taylor Swift’s new album. 1989. Of course, if we’re being honest, picking a favorite is pretty tough. Regardless, when TSwift’s album came out on October 27, the world was raving about its totally redesigned new sound. Then, on November 10, the world was honored with the official “Blank Space” video and it did not disappoint.
So after watching it once (and finally breaking the replay button on YouTube), I made a list of 10 things I learned after watching Taylor Swift’s “Blank Space” music video. Enjoy.
- The click of the pen was a genius. It’s not so much about the clip as it is about the pretty impressive styling choice they made for the song. The click of the pen after “I have an empty space baby” was a nice touch.
- Taylor’s newest furbaby Olivia Benson makes an appearance. That’s right, Olivia Benson is set to become a star (or at least make her big debut) in this clip. If you want to see her, she’s in this scene where Taylor has a white horse on either side of her as she loungs in a huge white bed. No really, that’s one thing.
- She totally nails the dramatic, slow–mo walk. It’s one thing to look amazing walking at a standard pace, but when you slow down can you look flawless? As the stars of The SlowMo Guys say: If you look silly in slow motion, you’ll look silly for a very long time. Or at least something of that nature. Fortunately, Taylor kills the slow motion.
- Swift wears 21 different outfits. Do not believe me ? You can count them yourself if you want, but you might lose the count. Instead, you can click here to see each highlighted outfit, then watch for yourself to marvel at its wonderful fashion choices.
- This dazzling side, however. Let’s just say I wouldn’t want to be on the other side of this crazy gaze. Words won’t do him justice. Just know that if the eyes could kill, Taylor’s side glare would be a nuclear bomb.
- No you’re not crazy, it’s actually Boris’s mansion from royal pains. Which is pretty neat, because if there’s one thing I love almost as much as Taylor Swift, it’s royal pains. And, that really sets the tone for the rest of the video, as there’s no way someone couldn’t be a little bit crazy living in such a big house on their own. Or maybe it’s just me?
- Speaking of crazy … Crazy is a surprisingly good look on Taylor. Take it as you like, but it’s true. When she’s lying against the marble fireplace and mascara running down her face, it screams madness. But I found myself saying, “Wow, she can seriously be anything and look amazing doing it. Even crazy. Now it takes talent.
- Regina George makes an appearance. Okay, that’s not quite true – well not true at all, really – but Taylor is obviously a fan of Bad girls. There is no way these holes in her boyfriend’s shirt are a coincidence and they could even be a reference to Katy Perry’s twitter comment. Definitely a highlight in the video. And in case you’re wondering about the guy who really makes an appearance in the video, it’s model Sean O’Pry, who was born in 1989, just like Swift.
- Standing on horses got (unbelievably) cool. Maybe it was just me, but after watching this video I wanted to stand on a horse’s back with open arms and pretend I owned the whole world. Bonus points if it could be at Biltmore House in Asheville, NC to at least fake the Hamptons. Double the bonus points if I did it right the first time without falling (or breaking my bones).
- Pop is perfect for Taylor. Getting back to the whole musical aspect of Taylor’s “Blank Space”, I think pop is a perfect fit for Taylor. Sure, his country is pretty awesome, but it’s great to hear him expand his talents to another genre. However, she could probably do with a little less madness. Let go of the fools, keep the courage.
So if you haven’t purchased the album yet, do so. Don’t think twice, go out and buy 1989. Insert it into your CD player and blow it up as hard as you can. Then, once you’ve fallen in love with the new album, be sure to enjoy every second of its new music video. It’s the one that the more you watch it, the better. Now go back to “Blank Space”, I didn’t mean to interrupt you.
TDQ Tags TDQblogger007